Are you stuck trying to understand ways in which you can support your loved one who is part of the LGBTQ+ community? Do you want to learn more about LGBTQ+ resources and topics?
This group will provide a safe, inclusive space for parents of LGBTQ+ individuals to explore resources, understand LGBTQ+ topics, develop healthy relationships, and gain insight into how to better support their loved ones.
- Sexual Orientation vs Gender Identity
- Ways to support your loved one
- Mental health
- Creating a safe space
- Relationship building
- Family dynamics
- Community Resources
- A safe, inclusive environment
- Understanding LGBTQ+ topics
- Being open to new perspectives
- Access to group and individual therapy
- Connection and support from clinicians and peers
- Evidence-based practice approaches to understanding your child's LGBTQ+ identity
LCSW | He/Him/His
While completing his master's degree in social work from UWGB, Isaac began working with the LGBTQ+ community as an intern at the Pride Center on campus. Since then, Isaac has worked with the LGBTQ+ population and youth in various settings from events he coordinated at the LGBT+ Center in Marinette to an intensive outpatient program and outpatient clinics. Isaac believes the LGBTQ+ group for parents is essential to building a healthier, supportive family system and community.